Decorative white stone adds a classic touch to any landscape bed, especially if you are looking for a low-maintenance alternative to mulch. The white and grayish tones provide a nice contract to plants and shrubs that are commonly used in landscape beds. Screened for 3/4″ pieces, this stone is manageable to transport, spread, and maintain.
To prevent weeds from growing up through the stone, landscaping fabric needs to be placed before the stone is applied.
We deliver decorative stone to Cumberland, MD, and the surrounding area. If you have a truck or trailer, you can also pick it up directly at our store!
More On White Stone
Do you dream of having attractive, well-done landscaping?
A beautiful outdoor space inspires you to get out in nature and host guests on your lovely property – both of which are great for your mental health! Plus, great landscaping frames your house and creates a look of completion for your property.
If you want a quick way to spruce up your landscape, there is no single improvement that makes more of a difference than a layer of fresh mulch!
Our white stones are a perfect choice if you want an attractive and low-maintenance mulch solution.
What is White Stone
Our white stone is a type of ¾” gravel you can use for multiple landscaping purposes. The smaller size makes it easy to handle and maintain, and the white and gray tones contrast nicely with plants and shrubs.
It can add a classy touch to your landscaping!
Ways To Use
Wondering what you could use this stone for?
Here are a few uses we recommend for white stone.
- Apply it to your flowerbeds as a mulch. Because it is inorganic it will not degrade or need replacing, and it provides great weed control!
- Use it for pathways or rock/water gardens.
- Cover large areas for weed control. We recommend laying down landscaping fabric first for complete weed suppression.
Pros and Cons of White Stone
Here are a few pros and cons of using white stone in your landscaping.
- The beautiful white color goes well with plants and can complement your home and other landscaping.
- White stone does not need maintenance or replacement.
- White stone helps with soil erosion and moisture retention
- Does not aid plant growth or enrich the soil (because it is inorganic)
- It’s difficult to remove from your flowerbeds if you decide you don’t like it.
- Can be a mower hazard if it gets spread out
If you are looking for a long-lasting and low-maintenance mulch solution, white stone could be the perfect choice for you!
Material Calculator Yards