Crusher run is a crushed limestone aggregate with a range of sizes from fines to 3/4″.
Color: Bluish gray color.
Uses for crusher run stone:
- Used for a base layer under roads and driveways.
- Used for a base aggregate underneath segmental walls and interlocking pavers.
- Used to replace unstable soils
This stone has a variety of sizes of aggregate in it thus requiring significant compaction. If left unpacked, it will settle and pack over time.
It compacts well making a highly durable base for road, wall and patio construction.
We deliver crusher run stone to Cumberland, MD, and the surrounding area. If you have a truck or trailer, you can also pick it up directly at our store!
More On Crusher Run Stone
Are you ready to get started on your next outdoor home improvement project?
It’s fun to pick out beautiful materials like mulch and decorative stone for your projects, but to get the job done right you may also need less exciting materials like gravel and sand. Thankfully, Ebyland has it all!
So whether you want to install a new driveway that is sturdy enough to support your truck and boat, or a beautiful paver patio to sip cool drinks on, Ebyland has the supplies, such as this crusher run stone, that can help you do it right.
Check them out today to get started on your project!
What Is Crusher Run Stone?
Sometimes called “crush and run,” this type of stone is a mixture of coarse, angular crushed limestone, stone screenings, and stone dust. The sizes of the grains can range from fine dust to ¾” in diameter.
Because it is such a mix of sizes, crusher run compacts into a firm, solid base layer for roads, driveways, or other structures. It requires significant compaction when used because if you don’t compact it yourself it will settle and compact over time and that may mess up your foundation.
Uses For Crusher Run Stone
Crusher run can be used for various purposes. A few of them include:
- Because of its compacting qualities, it makes an excellent foundation for driveways, walls, pathways, or other structures.
- In masonry it can provide a solid base for pavers or heavy stones.
- It can act as a reliable backfill to hold loose soil in place around sewer pipes, drainage pipes, and utility cables.
- It can be used to stabilize any type of loose soil.
When using crusher run stone as a base, just be sure you compact it before building further so it doesn’t compact on its own.
Check it out today to get started on your next project!
Material Calculator Yards